Friday 5 November 2010

TNA Webmatches (Episodes 7-9)

Back after too long a delay. I've got a few shows/DVD's I'm halfway through writing about, but for now I'm going to look at a few more TNA webmatches.

Kiyoshi vs Shark Boy
This is “Stone Cold” era for Shark Boy. Kiyoshi is joined by No Limit on their brief excursion to TNA from NJPW, during which they jobbed repeatedly. Kiyoshi dominates after a brief exchange, though the big dumb grin on Shark Boy’s mask really undermines any trouble he is in. Less than two minutes in and Kiyoshi puts on a nervehold, seemingly to allow Shark Boy to break and hit all his Austin tribute spots. Shark Boy looks to be going for the Chummer, but No Limit interference allows Kiyoshi to hit a Widowmaker for 3. Not too much fun, it felt really brief and Shark Boy, fun as he is, has really soft looking offence.

Taylor Wilde vs Madison Rayne
Madison looks far more jobbery here than she does now, it’s quite impressive just how far she’s come in terms of looks and character, though she’s still good at playing the bitchy role here. Taylor is super-over with the crowd, who for once don’t bother with duelling chants. Rayne’s offence seems to mainly revolve around attacking Taylor’s face, which I hope is deliberate to fit in with her position in the Beautiful People. Madison still goes for multiple covers, which I’m on record as being a fan of. Madison looks to go for a bulldog, but gets shoved into the ropes, allowing Taylor to hit a German suplex for the win. Decent match, though Rayne would get better in later months.

ODB vs Sojo Bolt
I’m far less confident about this match being any good. Cody Deaner is with ODB, reminding me instantly why I was glad he left TNA. The match is awful: it lasts about three minutes, it’s barely got any structure and they keep cutting to Cody fucking Deaner at ringside. I know I said before that TNA missed a trick on ODB, especially with how over she was, but matches like this make me realise how little I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment